Relevant Student Organizations
National Student Speech Language Hearing Association (NSSLHA)
The National Student Speech Language Hearing Association is a pre-professional organization for students interested in the study of communication sciences and disorders. The local NSSLHA chapter at the University of Illinois provides opportunities for members to participate in fundraising, volunteering, and social events, as well as gain personal and professional development by serving on the executive board or committees, or attending educational events.
Want to join? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Autism Speaks U at UIUC
Organization aimed at furthering the mission of Autism Speaks by engaging the campus and local community in awareness, advocacy and fundraising efforts to help individuals and families affected by autism.
Want to join? Email email@example.com
UIUC Chapter raises awareness and aid children with facial deformities by fundraising, community volunteer projects and general meetings to discuss recent news and developments in Operation Smile
Want to join? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Academy of Audiology (SAA)
For graduate and undergraduate students interested in learning more about the field of audiology and participating in activities that educate, benefit, and advocate for hearing health.
Want to join? Email email@example.com
Bilingual Organization of SHS Students (BOSS)
A student organization that supports students within the department who are interested in the study of bilingual speech and hearing sciences, with the goal of sharing knowledge and experiences, and increasing awareness of multicultural and bilingual issues in speech-language pathology and audiology.”
Want to join? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
American Sign Language & Deaf Culture Club (ASL Club)
The purpose of American Sign Language & Deaf Culture Club is to expose students of the UIUC community to the language and cultural norms of Deaf Americans.
Want to join? Email email@example.com
Additional clubs SHS students have been involved in:
- AHS Council, Alternative Spring Break (ASB)
- Asian American Association (AAA)
- Atius-Sachem Leadership Honorary
- Best Buddies International
- Black Chorus at the University of Illinois
- Habitat for Humanity Campus Chapter (Habitat for Humanity)
- Latinos in Pre-Health (LIP)
- Mi Pueblo Spanish Conversation Groups (Mi Pueblo)
- Pre-Occupational Therapy Club
- Pre-Physical Therapy Club
- Relay for Life
- Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science - UIUC Chapter
- Special Olympics (SO @ UIUC)
- Undergrad Neuroscience Society (UNS)
- Vis-A-Vis (VAV)
- Volunteer Illini Projects, Inc (VIP).
- Alpha Phi Omega (APO), national service fraternity
- Illini Service Dogs